Along with the release of these pictures, LEGO sent out a press release:
10226 Sopwith Camel
Ages 14+. 883 pieces.
US $99.99 CA $129.99 DE 89.99 € UK 79.99 £ DK 799DKK
Relive a classic era of aviation history with the Sopwith Camel biplane!
Recreate your very own piece of aviation history with the historic Sopwith Camel. This detailed replica of one of the most recognizable British single-seat biplanes ever to have graced the skies. Features include a realistic rotating propeller and engine cylinders, hinged tail rudder, realistic tension wires, functioning wing ailerons and tail flaps that can be controlled from the cockpit – just like the real plane! The detail doesn’t stop there; this authentic model has over 880 bricks, including dark green, dark tan and metallic silver elements.
• Features include a rotating propeller and engine cylinders, hinged tail rudder, functioning wing ailerons and tail flaps that can be controlled from the cockpit
• Includes dark green, dark tan and metallic silver elements
• Recreate a piece of aviation history
• Turn the propellers and see the cylinders rotate
• Model measures over 15” (40cm) long and has a wingspan of over 19” (50 cm)
Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning
June 2012 via LEGO Shop at Home. Play a new way. , LEGO® Stores or via phone
US Contact Center 1-800-453-4652
There’s also the now standard Designer Video to accompany the release, which you can check out here as well:
This is actually Lego’s second rendition of the Sopwith Camel, the first on seen below was rendered in Brown instead of the new Dark Green.