During the 2013 Salt Lake Comic con, the Utah LEGO Users Group will be giving away 6 LEGO sets. These are the official Rules of that giveaway.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER TO WIN. CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO REGISTERED ATTENDEES OF THE SALT LAKE COMIC CON.
ENTRY IN THE DAILY GIVEAWAY CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE RULES>
1) Agreement: In order to enter the daily giveaway, you must agree to these Official Rules (“Rules”) prior to entry. You can not enter the giveaway, nor receive prizes form it unless you agree to these rules.
2) Eligibility: Giveaway is open to all registered attendees of the Salt Lake Comic Con, who are 18 years or older on the day of the entry.
3) Entry: To enter, stop by the Utah LEGO User’s Group Display at the Salt Lake Comic Con, Locate the Giveaway Signage, Scan Scan the QR Code on the Signage on any web enabled device, and Fill out the Entry form.
4) Prizes: 6 Prizes are being given away, 2 each on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of the Salt Lake Comic Con. LEGO Set numbers 9515, 79104, 79002, 76005, 7869, 76007.
5) Winners: will be chosen at random from the list of qualified entries received each day.
5) Notice of Winnings: Winners will be contacted, and notified that they have won, and announced on the Utah LEGO User’s Group Website.
6) Prize Claims: After being notified of a winning entry, Winners must pick up their prizes in Person, either at the Con, or at some other location as determined by coordinating with the Giveaway administrators.
7)Finality: All decisions of the Giveaway Administrators are final, and may not be challenged.
For the second time in it’s development process, The creators of “The LEGO Movie” (due out next year) are giving LEGO fans the world over the chance to participate, and have their creation become a part of the movie. The rules are fairly straight forward, build a LEGO scene, and then have your mini-fig destroy some element in the science to create a new creation to help fight the bad guys, all captured on film.
For more detailed rules and requirements, check out the full write up on Rebrick
LEGO and Warner brothers have teamed up to bring LEGO: The Motion picture to the big screen. Also known as LEGO: The piece of Resistance is according to writer Phil Lord:
the story of basically a young man who doesn’t have a creative bone in his body and [he] has to always build things from the instructions, he’s an ‘instructions worker’. In the LEGO city, they build buildings, and it turns out in this universe it’s illegal to build apart from the instructions. So what he finds out is that he’s actually [a] descendant from these like super creative Jedi-type people who are called ‘Master Builders’ and he has been charged with saving the universe from being frozen together by an evil bad guy, so over the course of the movie he has to unlearn all of that lame-o, uncreative stuff and learn how to build without all of the instructions in order to save the universe.
Accordingly the Press release identifies our Master Builder as:
Emmet (Chris Pratt), an ordinary, rules-following, perfectly average LEGO minifigure who is mistakenly identified as the most extraordinary person and the key to saving the world. He is drafted into a fellowship of strangers on an epic quest to stop an evil tyrant, a journey for which Emmet is hopelessly and hilariously under-prepared.
And that’s all well and good, But it gets even better: the film’s directors have put together a Vehicle Design Contest, and are asking for you to build a LEGO vehicle for the film, The winner, gets $1000 and will have their vehicle appear in the movie. Now that’s cool. you creation on the big screen.
Do you have the next great LEGO Theme Idea? Lego wants to know. In an amazing opportunity to fans and creative geniuses everywhere, LEGO would like you to present your Idea for a big story that appeals to 7-9 year old boys.
Ideas should be new, and not based on any current universe or IP; And the best part, If your Idea is selected, you’ll get the opportunity to work with LEGO to bring your Idea to life in LEGO form.
Update: The Community Team has indicated to us that submissions should come from Adult Fans. While I can’t say for sure this usually denotes someone 16 or older. But more than anything else likely denotes a lack of polish on submissions so before submitting you Ideas or make sure they are well thought out and polished.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, download the attached PDF, follow the instructions and submit your IDEA’s to LEGO.
THE LEGO Technic Design team announced earlier this week an opportunity for you to design a customized LEGO Technic Model based upon the chassis of the current crawler set # 9398. to ener buld your model, take a picture, then visit www.lego.com/technic to upload you picture.
The winner earns the title of Honorary Lego Technic Designer, And LEGO will produce and sell 20,000 of your unique model as exclusive collectibles.
Don’t have a copy of 9398, no worries, you can pick it up form LEGO.com