My inbox filled with joy last week when I got a date for the LEGO store opening at fashion place mall; And I’ve been waiting on pins and needles to be able to share that date with you. That permission came in another email today.
The Utah LEGO store opens September 20th, 2013.
Some of the details are still missing, since we don’t know if this is the grand opening date or some soft opening to give new employees a chance to train and learn the ropes.
But I can tell you where I’ll be on September 20th. and if the grand opening, and all of it’s prizes and giveaways are a later date I’ll be there then too.
LEGO has announce the opening of LEGO stored in Utah, Texas, Missouri, and Connecticut. While a Grand Opening date, and time are not yet available, announcement, though hidden under a couple of layers of minutia reveals that the UTAH LEGO Store will be house in the fashion place mall in Murray.
Yes I know, I didn’t believe it either, and if the screen cap above doesn’t prove it to you you can get to the news by clicking the link below,
and select the News link (about the middle of the page) for Stores opening in 2012
The 1 millionth person has signed up to be a LEGO VIP, and to celebrate, LEGO is giving away a grand prize trip for 4 to any LEGOLAND Park in the World. The grand prize package includes hotel, airfare, and 4 2 day tickets. Along with the Grand prize there are 10 runner up prizes of 1,000 VIP Points.
1) Join the LEGO VIP Program (register online or at a LEGO store)
2) Create an Online LEGO ID, by clicking the link, and then click on sign up on the top right side of the page, and filling out the form in the popup window
Today at the Mall of America’s 20th Anniversary celebration, LEGO officially unveiled it’s Latest Exclusive, The Haunted House.
From LEGO’s Release announcement:
Enter the Haunted House at your peril!
The crooked Haunted House is home to the scariest ghosts and monsters. Tremble in fear as you open the gate, go weak at the knees as you step onto the porch and gasp in horror at the fireplace, kitchen, office, folding staircase, bedroom, potion room, music room and collection of other creepy objects. Dare you enter the Haunted House?!
• Add to your LEGO® Monster Fights Collection with the first officlal LEGO® Haunted House!
• Includes 6 minifigures: 2 glow-in-the-dark ghosts, Vampyre, Vampyre’s Bride, Zombie chef and butler
• Features unique ‘crooked’ design featuring boarded up windows and working front gate.
• Haunted House opens to reveal detailed interior with 3 floors.
• First floor features fireplace that swings open and displays a ship in a bottle on the mantle.
• Cook up a ghoulish meal with the Zombie chef in the kitchen complete with old-style stove, jars and table.
• Write letters from the Vampyre’s haunted office.
• Pull the lever hidden in the chimney to release the drop down staircase and access the top floor.
• Top floor features gramophone, records and newspaper LEGO® elements.
• Customize the Haunted House with new stickers for wall hangings, spider webs and curtains.
• Measures 15.4” (39cm) high, 9.4” (24cm) wide and 7.5” (19cm) deep
Costing: US $179.99 CA $199.99 DE 149.99 € UK 119.99 £ DK 1499 DKK you will be able to pick up the set exclusively on-line from LEGO.com
There’s also the Designer Video you can check out:
And More Hi-Res Pictures:
I know I’ll be buying myself at least one (or getting someone else to get it for me, my birthday is in September), as there is so much to love here:
All the Sand Green parts
The Ghosts, LEGO hasn’t made ghosts since about 2006, and some earlier
Tan Bushes, you can never have enough of those
And the wood pattern tiles, which are as best I Can tell Printed
While Utah may not have a LEGO store (yet???) We do have plenty of Barnes and Nobel Stores, and Starting on the 19th of this month, Barnes and Noble Stores in Utah will begin hosting Lego Building Events.
Space is limited to the first 40 kids, and you need to reserve your space on the in-store reservation sheets, you can however check out dates and times by clicking on the links above.
Hope to see you there.
Purchasing from Amazon, or LEGO.com through the links below helps keep ULUG running.
Error: (#10) To use ‘Groups API’, your use of this endpoint must be reviewed and approved by Facebook. To submit this ‘Groups API’ feature for review please read our documentation on reviewable features: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/review. Type: OAuthException Code: 10 Please refer to our Error Message Reference.