We have posted before about the upcoming LEGO store opening, but apparently we weren't very clear, so this post will attempt to clarify things a bit more.
The LEGO store will open for it's first day of business on September 20th. This the opening day is normally called a "soft opening" in retail circles, it just happens, and because it's not announced, there is no fan fare, bells or whistles, the pace is slower, and gives the store a chance to muddle through some of the training of new team members, and work out the kinks they find along the way. That being said, it is the first day you will be able to get your hands on exclusive LEGO sets, without ordering on line and having to wait a couple of days for them to arrive.
But if big grand events with lots of fan fare are more your style, The Lego Store's Grand Opening is what your looking for. The Grand Opening will be on October 4th, 5th, and 6th. It will have all the excitement, activities and fun you can possible imagine.
- A LEGO Master Model Builder will be onsite to help children Build a life size Hulk Statue from LEGO bricks
- Each participant will receive a certificate of achievement
- On Friday the first 300 customers to spend $50 will receive a Free Collectible T-Shirt
- On Saturday the first 300 customers to spend $75 will receive a Free Limited Edition LEGO Store Set
- And on Sunday, the First 300 Customers to spend $50 will receive and Exclusive Mini-figure set.
If you wnat more details, you can check the official LEGO Announcement
, The LEGO Store's Grand Opening Facebook Event
, or the Utah Lego Fan's "Soft Opening" Facebook Event.