If you haven’t already heard, and I really don’t know how that’s possible; unless your not a LEGO fan, In which case I feel sorry for you, Utah’s First LEGO store is opening TODAY!!!!
In Fashion Place Mall nestled between Nordstrom’s and Dillard’s there’s a oasis of brightly colored boxes, and LEGO bricks.
While there are no giveaways today, those will happen during the grand opening on October 4th, 5th, and 6th, there will still be plenty of people excited about their own place to buy little bricks.
If you want more details, you can check The LEGO store Utah’s Facebook page, and BrickSlopes LEGO Store Q&A Answers Post
We have posted before about the upcoming LEGO store opening, but apparently we weren’t very clear, so this post will attempt to clarify things a bit more.
The LEGO store will open for it’s first day of business on September 20th. This the opening day is normally called a “soft opening” in retail circles, it just happens, and because it’s not announced, there is no fan fare, bells or whistles, the pace is slower, and gives the store a chance to muddle through some of the training of new team members, and work out the kinks they find along the way. That being said, it is the first day you will be able to get your hands on exclusive LEGO sets, without ordering on line and having to wait a couple of days for them to arrive.
But if big grand events with lots of fan fare are more your style, The Lego Store’s Grand Opening is what your looking for. The Grand Opening will be on October 4th, 5th, and 6th. It will have all the excitement, activities and fun you can possible imagine.
- A LEGO Master Model Builder will be onsite to help children Build a life size Hulk Statue from LEGO bricks
- Each participant will receive a certificate of achievement
- On Friday the first 300 customers to spend $50 will receive a Free Collectible T-Shirt
- On Saturday the first 300 customers to spend $75 will receive a Free Limited Edition LEGO Store Set
- And on Sunday, the First 300 Customers to spend $50 will receive and Exclusive Mini-figure set.
If you wnat more details, you can check the official LEGO Announcement, The LEGO Store’s Grand Opening Facebook Event , or the Utah Lego Fan’s “Soft Opening” Facebook Event.
During the 2013 Salt Lake Comic con, the Utah LEGO Users Group will be giving away 6 LEGO sets. These are the official Rules of that giveaway.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER TO WIN. CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO REGISTERED ATTENDEES OF THE SALT LAKE COMIC CON.
ENTRY IN THE DAILY GIVEAWAY CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE RULES>
1) Agreement: In order to enter the daily giveaway, you must agree to these Official Rules (“Rules”) prior to entry. You can not enter the giveaway, nor receive prizes form it unless you agree to these rules.
2) Eligibility: Giveaway is open to all registered attendees of the Salt Lake Comic Con, who are 18 years or older on the day of the entry.
3) Entry: To enter, stop by the Utah LEGO User’s Group Display at the Salt Lake Comic Con, Locate the Giveaway Signage, Scan Scan the QR Code on the Signage on any web enabled device, and Fill out the Entry form.
4) Prizes: 6 Prizes are being given away, 2 each on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of the Salt Lake Comic Con. LEGO Set numbers 9515, 79104, 79002, 76005, 7869, 76007.
5) Winners: will be chosen at random from the list of qualified entries received each day.
5) Notice of Winnings: Winners will be contacted, and notified that they have won, and announced on the Utah LEGO User’s Group Website.
6) Prize Claims: After being notified of a winning entry, Winners must pick up their prizes in Person, either at the Con, or at some other location as determined by coordinating with the Giveaway administrators.
7)Finality: All decisions of the Giveaway Administrators are final, and may not be challenged.
No, it’s not LEGO universe, But rather this one will be called LEGO Mini-fgures Online, and will be based on the already wildly popular Line of Collectible Mini-Figures.
This really does not interest me, but if it does you, you can get more details from GameSpot
The Utah Lego Users Group is once again putting on a show at the Utah County Fair. come and join us for a fresh take on everyone’s favorite toy. As always there is something new to see. This year we’ve got a large Lord of the Rings layout, City Zoo, and new mosaics and Sculpture to peak your interest. Bring the Kids we guarantee they’ll love it, till you try and make them leave that is!
Utah County Fair
Spanish Fork Fair Grounds
475 S Main St Spanish Fork Utah
Thurs- Saturday 8am to 10pm
Admission is Free!